Rick Warren Net Worth

March 11, 2024
2 mins read

Richard Duane Warren was born on the 28th January 1954, in San Jose, California, USA. He is best known as the evangelical Christian founding senior pastor of Saddleback Church. He is also recognized as a bestselling author of many Christian books, from which the most popular is “The Purpose Driven Life”. His career has been active since the 1980s.

Have you ever wondered how rich is Rick Warren? Sources estimate that Warren’s net worth is over $25 million as of early 2016, with the main source of his wealth being, of course, his career as a Christian pastor. Additional to this, he makes a number of public speeches, which have also added to his net worth. Another source of his wealth is coming from his successful writing career, with selling his published books.


Rick Warren Net Worth $25 Million


Rick Warren was brought up in Ukiah, California, and is the son of Jimmy Warren, a Baptist minister, and Dot Warren, who was a librarian at high school. Warren attended the Ukiah High School until 1972, establishing the first Christian club there, named The Fishers of Men Club. He subsequently graduated with a BA degree in Arts from the Baptist University of California in Riverside; a Masters degree in Divinity from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Texas; and a Doctor of Ministry degree at Fuller Theological Seminary in Pasadena, California.

Side by side with his education, Rick Warren became certain in the profession of a preacher when he was 19 years old. In college, he founded with his wife the Saddleback Church, located in Lake Forest, California. The church was established at their house with just one more family. In no time, it became the eighth largest church by the number of its worshipers across the USA,. His net worth started rising. His church now averages 20,000 people per week, and 90% of donations along with their income have been given to charity, while Warren’s family lives on the other 10%.

Rick Warren’s net worth also benefits from his public speeches, including invitations to speak at national and international forums, such as the African Union, World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, Council on Foreign Relations, TED, and many others.

Thanks to his successful career as a preacher, Rick has received numerous accolades and recognitions, including being named as one of America’s top 25 leaders in 2005 by the U.S. News and World Report magazine, and also Time magazine named Rick as one of 15 World Leaders Who Mattered Most in 2004.

Apart from being a pastor, Rick Warren can also praise himself as an author; in a career that spans over 40 years, he has released over 40 books, some of which have become bestsellers, including “The Purpose Driven Life” published in 2002, and as of 2016 selling over 30 million copies, making it one of the top selling books of all time. Other books are “The Purpose Driven Church”, “Answers To Life’s Difficult Questions”, “The Power To Change Your Life”, “What On Earth Am I Here For?”, “Daniel Plan: 40 Days Of Healthier Life”, “Personal Bible Study Methods”, some of which have been translated into 50 languages, and all of which have only increased the overall amount of his net worth.

If to talk about his personal life, Rick Warren has been married to Elizabeth K. Warren since June of 1975. They have three children, but their youngest son had troubles with mental disorder and committed suicide. Within a year, Warren star helping people with similar problems through the Church’s special program, supported by his Ministry.

Daniel Wanburg

As the Managing Editor at Net Worth Post, I lead a talented team in delivering compelling content on the lives and achievements of influential figures. With a keen eye for detail and a passion for storytelling, I oversee the production of insightful biographies that resonate with our audience. My role involves not only managing the editorial process but also conducting research, crafting engaging narratives, and ensuring the accuracy and quality of our publications.

At NetWorthPost, we strive to provide our readers with in-depth profiles that offer valuable insights into the worlds of business, entertainment, and beyond. Through meticulous research and captivating storytelling, we bring to light the remarkable journeys and successes of individuals who inspire and captivate us.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Previous Story

Marty Cooper Net Worth

Next Story

Michael Angarano Net Worth

Don't Miss