Andy Spade Net Worth is
Andy Spade Biography
Andrew Spade was born on 24 December 1962, in Birmingham, Michigan USA, to mother Judith J., a writer and magazine editor, and father Wayne M. Spade, a sales representative. He is a businessman and entrepreneur, best known as a co-founder of Kate Spade New York and Jack Spade fashion brands, and the Partners & Spade branding studio.
So just how rich is Andrew Spade now? Sources state that Spade has established a net worth of over $200 million, as of mid-2016. He has acquired this considerable wealth during his productive career in branding.
Andy Spade Net Worth $200 Million
Spade is the brother of actor and comedian David Spade. His family moved to Scottsdale, Arizona when he was a nine-year-old boy. His parents eventually divorced, and the boys were raised by their mother. Spade attended Arizona State University, where he met Katherine Broshnahan, who would later become his business partner and wife.
Spade began his branding career working for companies such as Coca-Cola, Lexus and Paul Stuart. He also served as a creative director at Chiat Day. In 1993 he and Broshnahan launched a handbag design line called “Kate Spade” and soon signed up big names such as Barneys, Fred Segal and Charivari. The business made $100,000 in revenues in its first year, and in 1995 it made $1.5 million. Since then, it has been expanded to 26 stores in the USA and Japan, and aside from bags, it has included other products such as shoes, small leather products, make-up as well as home furnishings. In 1999, Neiman Marcus and Saks Fifth Avenue adopted the line for their stores, and Marcus later bought a 56% stake in the company for $34 million, while Andy and his wife continued to creatively-direct the company. In 2006 Kate Spade made $84 million in net sales, and the following year the couple sold the remaining 44% of the company to Marcus for $59 million. Spade’s net worth was considerably boosted.
Meanwhile, in 1996 Spade started another line, this time of men’s bags called Jack Spade, which officially launched in 1999 with the opening of its first store in SoHo. In the following years, the products were expanded and applied to clothing, so the business greatly contributed to Spade’s wealth.
In 2008 he co-founded a marketing, branding and advertising company called Partners & Spade with his friend Anthony Sperduti. It is both a studio and a storefront located in Manhattan, of which Spade serves as co-creative director; within a few years, it has become one of the most influential branding companies in the industry. Aside for marketing and branding, it produces films, books, apparel and products, as well as a space for various art and other creative events. Over the time, Partners & Spade has partnered with a number of famous names such as J. Crew, Target, Warby Parker, AOL, K-Swiss, Condé Nast, Glamour Magazine, Hudson’s Bay, Etsy, Harry’s, HarperCollins and Sephora. The company has also launched its own brands, such as men’s and women’s sleepwear and underwear called “Sleepy Jones”. All have contributed to Spade’s net worth.
Spade’s company has produced feature movies with Red Bucket Films such as “The Pleasure of Being Robbed”, and the documentaries “Paperboys” and “Dimmer”. Its production of the film “The Black Balloon” won the U.S. Short Fiction prize at the Sundance Film Festival of 2012. In partnership with HarperCollins, the company has produced books such as “The Benefits of Looking Up”, “I Think I Can, I Think I Can”, “How to Keep Him on a Short Leash” and “How to Stay Out of the Doghouse”.
Spade’s influence in fashion and style world has enabled him to amass a considerable personal fortune and to become one of the best fashion-branding gurus in the country. He was named one of 100 creative business people of 2009 by Fast Company, and honored by the CFDA for excellence in design.
When it comes to his personal life, Spade has been married to Kate since 1994. The couple has one daughter.
|Net Worth||$200 Million|
|Date Of Birth||December 24, 1962|
|Place Of Birth||Birmingham, Michigan USA|
|Profession||Businessman, co-founder of "Partners & Spade", "Sleepy Jones", "Kate Spade New York", "Jack Spade"|
|Spouse||Kate Spade (m. 1994)|
|Children||Frances Beatrix Spade|
|Siblings||David Spade, Bryan Spade|
|Nominations||100 creative business people of 2009 by Fast Company, CFDA for excellence in design|
|Movies||"The Pleasure of Being Robbed", "Paperboys", "Dimmer", "The Black Balloon"|